There will be no colloquium speaker on Nov. 13.
73rd ANNUAL PACIFIC NORTHWEST INSECT MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE
January 6 & 7, 2014
Hilton Hotel , 921 SW 6th Ave , Portland, OR 97204-1296
503-226-1611 or 800-445-8667 See attachment for full details. Students are encouraged to participate.
The RFA for the Western IPM Center’s Competitive Grants Program is open. The RFA can be accessed by registering at http://projects.ipmcenters.org/Western/ Applications are due by 5:00 PM PST, December 18, 2013. Two webinars are being offered to help with your questions on planning the evaluation for your project — Wednesday, November 6 at 1:00 PM PST and Tuesday December 3rd at 1:00 PM PST. The training will be conducted by Dr. Al Founier, University of Arizona. Please see the home page of our web site for further details http://www.wrpmc.ucdavis.edu/index.html . Please RSVP for the webinars by emailing Carla Thomas email@example.com and specify which date(s) you plan to attend.
The address for both webinars is http://uc-d.adobeconnect.com/rfaevaluation/
- You may review the material ahead of time by visiting http://ucanr.edu/sites/McRoberts/
- The presentation will be delivered over your computer speakers, there is no conference line for this call.
- Participants will be able to ask the Presenter questions by typing them into the chat box on the screen.
The Western IPM Center has moved and is now located at the new UC Agriculture & Natural Resources Building at 2810 Second St., Davis, CA 95618-7774. The new phone number is: 530-750-1271. While the site is down, if you need to download the 2014 Center Grants RFA, please log into the project management website at http://projects.ipmcenters.org/Western/ to access it.
The 8th International Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Symposium will be held in Salt Lake City, Utah USA from March 23-26, 2015 at the Salt Palace Convention Center. Headquarters hotel will be the Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown. Bookmark the website and visit often for updated information: http://www.ipmcenters.org/ipmsymposium15/. Call for program proposal abstracts will be open in early 2014.
- Assistant Professor: Molecular Basis of Arthropod-Vectored Human Disease, UC-Riverside
- Assistant or Associate Professor, Arthropod Symbiont Interactionsm, UC-Riverside
- Assistant Professor of Entomology – Arthropod Systematics and Biodiversity. Texas A&M-College Station
- Area Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Advisor, Sacramento Valley, CA and Surrounding Areas
- Research Scientist, DuPont Pioneer, Johnston, IA
Events – Save the Dates:
WSU Commencement is scheduled for Saturday, December 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM the Beasley Coliseum. Line-up is scheduled for 9:30 AM. For more info go to http://commencement.wsu.edu/fall/schedule/.
Students planning to participate in the Pullman December Commencement Ceremony still have time to register and order their cap and gown.
- Register to walk: https://commencement.wsu.edu/ceremony-registration/
- Regalia ordering: Jostens
- For cap and gown questions contact the Pullman Bookie at 800-937-4978 or 509-332-2537, Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last day to order and therefore the last day to register to walk will be November 15, 2013.
Entomology Graduate Student Association (EGSA) meeting are scheduled for every other Tuesday beginning August 27. The WECN dial number is: 5706857
The Entomology Colloquium this semester will be on Wednesdays at noon in FSHN 354. The WECN dial in for all sites is: 5706970. This number will be the same for all colloquium presentations.