Pacific Branch Entomological Society of America meetings are next week April 12-15 at the Coeur d’Alene Resort in Coeur d’Alene, ID.
Next faculty meeting will be April 24th at 1:00 PM in FSHN 164. AMS# is 708316
- Congratulations to Adam Strong who passed his PhD exam on Wednesday, April 8, 2015. Adam was advised by Jeb Owen.
- Congratulations Natalie Boyle who passed her PhD on Friday, April 10, 2015. Natalie was advised by Doug Walsh.
Final and Preliminary exams have been scheduled for:
- Cami Jones, Monday, April 13, 2015. AMS# 5708196 – Seminar is at 12:00 PM in FSHN 354 followed by the exam at 1:00 PM in FSHN 164.
- Joseph Schwarz, Friday, April 17, 2015. AMS# 5708315. – Research proposal seminar is at 1:00 PM in FSHN 354 followed by the preliminary exam at 2:00 PM in FSHN 164.
- Samantha Whiteside, Monday, April 20, 2015. AMS#5708519 – Seminar is at 10:00 AM in FSHN 354, followed by exam in FSHN 164 at 11:00 AM.
Copies of student theses are available for perusal on the Entomology SharePoint Announcements/Calendar page. Just click on the paperclip link. A hard copy is available in the Entomology Office.
Parking Permit Renewal Phase 2 April 11 through April 15
The parking permit online renewal will move into Phase 2 on April 11. Phase 2 is for current permit holders who are NOT SATISFIED with their current zone permit choice and wish to request a different permit zone and be placed on a waiting list. To request a different permit zone, please go to http://www.transportation.wsu.edu and click on “Request a Different Permit Zone”.
After all the permit requests have been processed, you will be notified by email to return to the web to purchase your permit during Phase 3 which begins on April 17, 2015. Note: Based on availability, your new permit choice may or may not be available to purchase. However, you will still have the option to renew your current permit in Phase 3 and remain on a waiting list for your requested permit.
zzusis Use Notification Message: Enterprise Systems, in collaboration with the security team within WSU Information Services, will be updating the zzusis sign-on page to show an acceptable use notification message. This use notification message will be static text end users can review and will not require any additional steps to sign-on to zzusis. The message will include a link to the ITS and WSU Computing Policies web page, where end users will be able to access and review the policies, regulations and procedures related to WSU computing and network resources. The message will begin to appear starting on Friday, April 10th and will be a permanent fixture on the sign-on page going forward. The addition of the acceptable use message on the zzusis sign-on page is part of the university efforts to provide information related to the policies that govern access and utilization of university resources. Over the coming months, WSU Information Services will be migrating a consistent use notification message to the sign-on pages used to access other university systems.
Missed the Graduation Fair? Students planning to walk in one of Pullman’s Spring Commencement Ceremonies on Saturday, May 9, who are off campus or missed the Grad Fair can register to walk on-line at https://commencement.wsu.edu/ceremony-registration/ Order your cap and gown on-line through Jostens https://secure.jostensonline.com/wsu/. The last day to register to walk will be Friday, April 17.
EMPLOYMENT: See attachment for details on these positions.
- Entomologist, EPA, Arlington, VA
- Insect Collection Curator, Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
- Extension Agent, Texas A&M, Muleshoe, TX
The Academic Success & Career Center is hiring tutors for the fall 2015. If you think you would be a great tutor for Entomology or science disciplines contact Alicia Petersen directly at Alicia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT DATES TO KNOW:
The last day to schedule Spring 2015 final MS/PhD exams is April 10. The last day to conduct final exams is April 24, 2015. Spring interim dates are April 27-May 15, 2015.
Please save the date of Friday, April 17, 2015, for the second Student Affairs Symposium. The theme of the Symposium is ‘Transformative Engagement,’ and it will be an all-day event.
New Graduate Students: Registration for Graduate School Orientation (for August 18) is now open. Please go to this website to register: http://gradschool.wsu.edu/1681-2/.
Skylight survey users should download their data by Feb 28 (Deadline extended) March – May 31, 2015
- Access to your Skylight surveys will be by request only. Email email@example.com initiate request.
- Allow five to seven business days to process your request.
- June 2015: Skylight decommissioned. No archive will be available.
- Surveys in 2015: WSU has a license in place for faculty and staff to use Qualtricsfor surveys. See surveys.wsu.edu for more information.
End of year celebration, May 1, noon time – as a BBQ potluck style as in years past (family guest welcome)