Happy Independence Day July 4th: In the interest of building security and energy conservation Facilities Operations will not be unlocking any campus buildings on Monday, July 4, 2016. For Library hours check the Libraries’ webpage at http://www.wsulibs.wsu.edu/general/hours.htm. If you have a scheduled event that requires a building to be unlocked
If you are in Pullman for the 4th of July consider attending the Pullman Chamber of Commerce Celebration at Sunnyside Park. There will be games for the entire family throughout the evening, live music, inflatables for the kids, a delicious spread of BBQ fare, cotton candy, popcorn, and pie and ice cream all beginning at 5pm! The night will end with a spectacular firework show, sure to please! And, as always, the fireworks show will be choreographed to music with help from your Pullman Radio stations, Hits100, New Country 104.3FM and KQQQ 1150AM. Complimentary Park and Ride Service by Pullman Transit. Music starts at 5:30. See the attachment for more details.
The June 17th kick-off for the fundraising campaign to raise awareness of honey bee health and funding for a new Honey Bee and Pollinator Research Center at WSU was quite successful. To read the article and see the time lapse video go to: https://news.wsu.edu/2016/06/20/provost-wears-bees-raise-awareness-bees-research/#more-148907.
Congratulations to recent Entomology Department grant awardee:
- Doug Walsh who is the recipient of a $50,000 grant from USDA/NIFA/ (6/29/2016) and
Grants from the Washington Hop Commission totaling $106,365 (6/29/2016) and
a grant of $16,000 from the Washington Mint Commission (6/29/2016) and
a grant of $19,746 from the Washington Wine Commission (6/22/2016) and
a grant of $34,000 from the Washington Alfalfa Seed Commission (6/22/2016) and
a grant of $4000 from Dow Chemical (6/20/2016)
For more info go to: http://informer.ogrd.wsu.edu/RecentFacultyAwards.aspx
From the Registrar’s Office: To ensure a timely response, please submit email inquiries/requests to the new email address at: RO.email@example.com . What to send – – Late & Change of Grades, Change of Program/Major, Minors and Additional Majors for PULLMAN campus students. When possible, please indicate in the subject line the students Last Name and what the inquiry/request is, such as Change of Program/Major, Minor, Additional Major or Additional Degree etc. This replaces the Roacaemicrecord@lists.wsu.edu email address. If you have questions contact
Karen (Emerson) Eastburn, at 509-335-8434 Karen_emerson@wsu.edu.
See attachment for details on these positions.
- Okanogan County Director, WSU Extension, Okanogan, WA
- Klickitat-Skamania, Extension Director, WSU Extension, Goldendale and Stevenson, WA.
- USDA National Program Leader for Specialty Crops (2 positions), Beltsville, MD
- Research Assistant – Project Coordinator, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Assistant Professor of Medical Entomology, Entomology Dept., UC-Davis, Davis, CA
- Fellow (Post Doc) in Entomology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
- Entomologist (Identifier) USDA/ARS, Carolina, PR
- Research Associate Entomologist/Ecologist/Physiologist, USDA/ARS, Parlier, CA
- Mosquito & Forest Pest Management, Prince William County Government, Manassas, VA
- Scientist III-Entomology (2) USAMRIID, General Dynamics, Frederick, MD
- Collection Manager-Recent Invertebrates, University of Oklahoma, Norma, OK
- Assistant Professor-Arthropod Vector Biologist, Dept of Entomology, Kansas State Univ., Manhattan, KS
- Public Health Zika Virus Specialist, St. of North Carolina, Wake County,
- Grazing Lands Pollinator Ecologist, Xerces Society, Portland, OR
- Tenure-track Scientist, Molecular Biology/Systems Biology, Geneva Foundation, Frederick, MD
Entomology Dept. Faculty Meeting Schedule
7/22/2016 – 11:00 AM to 12:15 PM 5704472
2017 Pacific Branch Entomological Society of America meeting will be April 2-5, 2017 at the Hilton DoubleTree in Portland, OR.