All university offices will be closed on Monday, May 30th for the Memorial Day holiday.
Brandon Hopkins’ work was showcased in a May 10, 2016, Northwest Public Radio segment titled: Beekeepers Can’t Change the Winter, But They Can Change The Bees. For more info, go to: https://www.nwpb.org/2016/05/10/beekeepers-cant-change-the-winter-but-they-can-change-the-bees/. Brandon’s work was also the subject of a May 6, 2016, NPR segment titled: Growing Weeds and Feeding Bees: Beekeepers and Farmers Work To Help Honey Bees Thrive. To read a transcript of that segment, go to: https://www.nwpb.org/2016/05/06/growing-weeds-and-feeding-bees-beekeepers-and-farmers-work-to-help-honey-bees-thrive/.
- John Stark, Tanyalee Erwin & Anand Jayakaran, who are the recipients of a $382,599 grant from Washington St. Dept. of Ecology. (4/4/2016)
- David Crowder who is the recipient of a $2,951 grant from Oregon St. University and Univ. of Idaho. (5/2/16)
For more info go to: http://informer.ogrd.wsu.edu/RecentFacultyAwards.aspx
A fun fact: In case you didn’t know, May 22nd is International Day for Biological Diversity. For more info go to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Day_for_Biological_Diversity
See attachment for details on these positions.
- Postdoc, Citrus Research & Education Center, University of Florida, Lake Alfred, FL
- Extension Agent-IPM, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, College Station, TX
- Apiary Inspector, Texas A&M, College Station, TX
- Forest Pathologist, State of Montana, Missoula, MT
- Scientist III (Entomology) – Virology Div., The Geneva Foundation, Frederick, MD
- Entomologist US Army Medical Corp.
- Assistant Research Scientists, Texas A&M Ag Life, College Station, TX
- Research Scientist, Eurofins, Mebane, NC
- Professor of Practice, North Willamette Univ., Oregon State University.
- Research Entomologist, Dept. of Agriculture, Manhattan, KS
- Assistant Professor, Insect Systematics & Taxonomy, Univ. of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MT, Canada
- Applied Nematologist, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Entomologist, USDA Dept of A g., Gunnison, CO
- Pesticide Investigator, Pesticide Services/ Dept of Agriculture & Consumer Services, Virginia Beach, VA
First of classes for Fall 2016 is Monday, August 22, 2016.
2016 International Congress of Entomology, Sept. 25-30, 2016, Orlando, FL. Website: http://ice2016orlando.org/