EGSA Minutes Meeting #13 April 6, at 9:00am
AMS Dial-in: 772416
Phone Dial-in (509) 358-7935 meeting ID: 2416
Adrian, Robert, Megan, Jim, Dane, Abbey, Alix, Josh, Joseph, Olivia, Liesl, Ben, Kunle, Abigail
ICCC: Tonight Todd Hall 276 @ 5:30pm – 4:30-5 to help set up, there will be popcorn!
Insect Expo: Tomorrow @ 9:00am-3:00pm, Ensminger Pavilion – look for an email reminder, Abbey + Megan will get key and bring everything over, setup at Ensminger at 9am, cleanup at 2pm
- Paul Catts: Dr. Rufus Isaacs (MSU) April 19th @ 5:30pm (Moscow) and April 20th @11:00am (FSHN Pullman) – see flyer in email
Entom Prom: April 21st dinner at Black Cyprus 6:00pm and dancing in Etsi Bravo @ 7:30pm – UI students are invited, some may come! Non-club members may pay a small fee. Dress formally, like a bug, or like a formal bug!
- Opening nominations for officers as well as new faculty advisor at googledoc below. Will close in one week.
- If there are multiple nominations, write up a small bio
- Faculty advisor: Currently Jeb Owen, maybe ask for a stronger relationship with the faculty via the Faculty Liaison and Advisor? At next meeting, ask anyone who is interested in a more robust role with our club.
- Committee shuffle! Let Adrian know which committees you’re interested in!
Vice President (Ben)
- We’re have approximately $5000
- We have a good deal of fundraising with our merch, honey sales, everything has been very stable
- Joseph will bring a year-end report for the last few years to see where we typically stand financially, then we will make a decision on how much to provide for the Herma Memorial. We need $5000 total for the bench.
Secretary (Alix) – see above with Joseph’s report
GPSA (Kunle) – GPSA is meeting with the University President soon, if you have issues that need to be voiced talk to your representatives by 5pm on Monday. GPSA proposed a budget to the president, including an overall cut of 2.5% + 10% with athletics – there is also a reduction in childcare funding (but was alleviated slightly, could have been a higher cut). Transportation increase. Vote!
Faculty Liason (Rachel) – Next faculty meeting?
Communications Director (Abbey)
- Community Garden Fair in Pullman May 12th
- Pollinator education and advertise for bee hotels
Primary Committee Reports
- Advertising (Rachel: Megan): See flyers all over! They look great! It’s also free! ? Christine’s facebook posts are a hit, photos each Friday
- Merchandise (Abigail: Robert): Seed packets are on the docket
- Social (Olivia, Leisl): Entom Prom! Coffee-Donut hour while Rufus Isaacs is here would be nice, working on the date. April Happy Hour for Bowling at Zeppos the 28th of April.
- Herma Memorial (Alix: Rachel, Jessa): See above
- Library Team (Olivia: Ben): G
- Linnaean Games (Jim): Linnaean Games Question Bank – there isn’t one! Make your own! Could digitize the binder/garbage bag questions (THANK YOU MEGAN!). 5 Linnaean Games team members: 4 competitors and one alternate – alternate should record questions.
- Meta-analysis (Olivia): Going well but slightly behind. Will submit to Nature Sustainability. Next year: enhance current data set and look at local diversification yield impacts
- Prelim study (Olivia): Done for the year!
- Writing Club (Alix): Email email@example.com if you want links to manuscripts
Good of the Order
Last night’s event: Inclusiveness and Diversity – Publishing – Blog is a nice opportunity for students – Wanted more information on SAC involvement – Volunteer opportunities hard to get for pacific coast people
Doug Walsh has a student visiting soon – Kunle will communicate
African night Saturday night! During ICCC but starts at 4pm!
Next meeting: Monday April 20th at 9am