March 20, 2017
Seminars and Colloquium
The next Entomology Colloquium will be on Monday, March 27 at 2:10 PM in FSHN 354. Presenting will be Dr. Catherine Daniels. Dr. Daniels is an Extension Specialist, Pesticide Coordinator & Director WA St. Pesticide Management Resource Service and Dept. of Entomology faculty member located at WSU-Puyallup. The title of her presentation is “On the Topic of Pesticides: Could You Be Using One and Not Know It?” For more info on Dr. Daniels go to: http://ext100.wsu.edu/wsprs/wsprs-staff/ and http://entomology.wsu.edu/blog/2011/06/20/daniels/. The AMS dial # is 5701680.
The Office of Multicultural Student Services Academic Enrichment Center is hosting a Workshop titled: Money & Taxes. It will be on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 12:10 pm in CUB 410. The facilitator will be Dianne Schlott, Finance Manager, MSS. Free pizza will be provided.
2017 Administrative Professional Contribution Award: APAC is pleased to announce that we will be hosting the 10th annual award that will recognize an Administrative Professional employee’s exceptional contributions to WSU/their area or unit. Exceptional is defined as beyond the expected or required performance; or have made a unique difference; or had far reaching, impelling or compelling impact to their work area. Nominations can highlight contributions made by the employee that address (but not limited to): productivity; innovative problem solving; positive working relationships; and/or university or community service. The winner will be announced during the May 11, 2017 APAC meeting. The nomination form can be found on the APAC website at https://apac.wsu.edu/awards-and-grants/
The deadline to submit your nomination is Friday, April 7, 2017. For further information or to submit your nomination contact Gayle Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 335-8350.
For Graduate Students
Prestigious Fellowships Workshop: Learn about prestigious fellowship opportunities such as the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program, Ford Foundation, and USDA Fellowships, and how to be competitive in the application process.
WHO: Graduate students and undergraduates who are considering graduate school
When: April 10, 2017; 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Where: FSHN T101 & live-streamed
- Asst/Assoc Professor, Potato and Sugarbeet Pathology, Michigan St. Univ., East Lansing, MI
- Postdoc, Dept of Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management Colorado St. Univ., Fort Collins, CO
- AgCenter Research Assoc. (Entomology), Louisiana St. Univ Ag Center, Northeast Louisiana
- Assistant Professor (Urban Entomology), Dept of Entomology, Louisiana St. Univ., Winnsboro, LA
- Assistant Res. Scientist, AgriLife at Texas A&M, College Station, TX
- Extension Educator, Michigan State Univ., East Lansing, MI
- Associate Director/Field Research Coordinator, Univ. of California-Davis, Davis, CA