July 21, 2017
Faculty should plan to attend the Entomology Department All Faculty Meeting on August 3rd and 4th in Pullman. For more info contact Adam Williams.
Entomology Department grant awardees:
- Beverly Gerdeman received funds in the amount of from the Washington State Blue Berry Commission for work on the Root Weevil Research Project.
Nominations for 2017-18 CAHNRS faculty awards are being accepted through September 29th. See the attached memo for the call and the awards available. Also, please let me know who is being nominated and for what so we can keep an inventory of the submissions to make sure CAHNRS is well represented. Contact Lisa Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
WSU Tukey Orchard cherry u-pick will continue July 21 & 22. Friday hours are noon to 6 p.m. Saturday hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Only cash or checks are accepted for payment. We will have at least one more set of sales July 28 & 29. See our website for more detailed information http://horticulture.wsu.edu/orchard
- Medical Entomology, US Air Force
- Public Health Officer, US Air Force
- Keeper, Dept of Herpetology, Ichthyology and Invertebrate Zoology, Arizona-Senora Desert Museum, Tucson, AZ
- Principal Res. Entomologist, City of New Orleans, LA
- Extension Specialist of Pesticide Safety Education-Entomology, IPM Inst. Of North America, Urbana, IL
- Post-Doctoral Researcher, Ohio St. Univ., Wooster, OH
Important Dates And Deadlines
Back to School BBQ, Friday, August 25th, Sunnyside or Kruegel Park. More details to come.
Registration is now open for the July 29th Facilities Services Hardhat Classic Golf Tournament. For more information, or to register, see the Hard Hat Classic website
Meetings- Regional, National, International
ESA Annual Meeting will be November 5-8, 2017 in Denver, CO. Program Symposia and Workshop submissions are now open. http://www.entsoc.org/events/annual-meeting.