September 15, 2017
Seminars & Colloquium
Plan to attend the seminar’s given by Dr. Fred Gould on Monday, Sept 18 at 6:00-9:00 PMT at the Kenworthy Performing Arts Center (on Main St. in Moscow) and on Tuesday, Sept 19 at 3:30-5:00 PM at the Univ of Idaho MB Pitman Center. Dr. Gould’s visit is part of the BUGSS (Bi-University Guest Speaker Series) Lecture Series. If you would like to meet with Dr. Gould contact Laura Lavine (firstname.lastname@example.org, 335-7907) to see if there are appointments available. See the attachments for the event details. For those of you who cannot attend the talk (flier attached) in person, you can tune in via Zoom on Tuesday, Sep. 19, 3:30 PDT. Here is the link.
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +14086380968, 439866126# or +16468769923,,439866126#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)?
US: +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833 Meeting ID: 439 866 12
Entomology Department grant awardees:
- Fang Zhu, Laura Lavine and Doug Walshreceived grant funding from Renotech in the amount of $25,210 for Characterizing Molecular Mechanisms of EcoRaider for Pest Control (9/7/2017).
- Doug Walshreceived grant funding of $13,200 from UC-Davis for IR-4 TASC Magnitude of Pesticide Residue Trials (9/12/17); $8,014 from the USDA/ARS for Alfalfa Pollinator Research Initiative (9/8/2017).
Previously WSU has only had a postdoc association within the College of Veterinary Medicine (CVMPA), and we are now expanding to become a National Postdoc Association member and official club of WSU that will provide support for non-tenure track post-doctorate researchers across all departments on campus. We welcome all Research Associates, Research Assistant Professors, Clinical Assistant Professors, DVM/PhD, and other research professionals to join our group. Your participation at this meeting will help us outline the goals for our association, establish membership with our club and the National Postdoc Association, and will help us plan upcoming events and opportunities.
With support from the Provost’s Office and Office of Research Assurance, the WSU-PRPA will serve to provide an official support network for research professionals that includes:
- Providing training – Grant writing, teaching, interviewing, management, career planning, etc.
- Providing opportunities for presenting research and recognition of excellence.
- Providing a support network for research or employment-related conflicts and inquiries.
- Providing a social network that encourages collaboration and community.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Amanda Brinkworth, Tessa Lord, Amber Hauvermale, Victoria Harcy, Marwa Sanad, and Monica Bando
For more info contact: Amanda Brinkworth, Ph.D, WSU-PRPA interim president
- AgCenter Assistant/Associate Professor, Louisiana St. Univ., Baton Rouge, LA
- Research Technician, N. Carolina St. Univ., Raleigh, NC
- Research Associate, Univ of California-Davis, Davis, CA
- Assistant Researcher, Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
- Entomologist, St. of Iowa Talent Gateway, Des Moines, IA
- PostDoc Research Associate, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- Dept Chair/Head, Dept of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Clemson Univ., Center TX
- Scientist and Advocate-Environmental Health, Ctr for Biological Diversity, Portland, OR
- Dept of Head, Horticultural Sciences, North Carolina St. Univ., Raleigh, NC
- Extension Program Specialist III – Field Crop Entomology, Iowa St Univ, Ames IA