100 % Extension Appointment
- Ph.D., Washington State University (Genetics and Cell Biology dissertation on non-host disease resistance gene expression in garden peas, directed by Prof. Lee Hadwiger)
- M.S., University of Arizona (Genetics thesis on adaptation of plant callus lines to animal tissue culture conditions, directed by Prof. Frank Katterman).
- B.S., University of Arizona (animal health science major)
Extension Speciality and Interests
Collaborative collection and dissemination of information that addresses pesticide and pest management issues at the local, state, regional or national level.
- WSU College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences Faculty Excellence in Extension (2009)
- Member of Web Distributed Labeling Workgroup of the Pesticide Program Dialog Committee, advisory board to USEPA (2008-2012)
- Member of the American Association of Pesticide Safety Educators (chair of Committee on Committees, 2004-2012)
- Assistant Editor for the Journal of Pesticide Safety Education (2001-2012)
- Panel member or panel manager of two USDA grant panels (2004-2010)
Daniels, C.H., L. Chalker-Scott, and N. Martini. (in press 2016) Uncovering Trans-disciplinary Team Outcomes through Ripple Effects Mapping. Journal of Extension.
Chalker-Scott, L. and C. Daniels. 2016. Scientific Literacy for the Citizen Scientist. WSU Extension Publication EM100E.
Chalker-Scott, L., C.H. Daniels and N. Martini. 2016. Creating Teams Increases Extension Educator Productivity. Journal of Extension. 54 (4):3IAW1. 5 p.
Daniels, C. H. 2011. “Tagging” Your Program: A New Tool for Educators. Journal of Pesticide Safety Education. 13 (1-5).
Thomas, J. M. and C. Daniels. 2008. Comment Coordinators: Connecting Stakeholders with Regulatory Agencies. Journal of Extension. 46 (1): 1IAW7.
Daniels, C.H. 2007. Pest Management Strategic Plan for Pulse Crops (Chickpea, Lentils, and Dry Peas) in the United States. USDA CSREES. http://www.ipmcenters.org/pmsp/pdf/USPulseCrops.pdf 82 p.
Thomas, J. M. and C. Daniels. 2005. The Pesticide Notification Network: An E-Source for Agriculture. Journal of Extension. 43 (6): 6IAW1. 5 p.
Daniels, C.H. 2004. Pest Management Strategic Plan for Washington State Wine Grape Production. USDA CSREES. http://www.ipmcenters.org/pmsp/pdf/WAWineGrapePMSP.pdf . 56 p.
Daniels, C.H. 2002. Sustainable Agriculture in Washington State: A Look at Baseline Indicators. Washington State University Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources Publication Number 5. 32 p. (http://csanr.wsu.edu/publications/techreports/CSANR_Report_5.pdf )
Grants and Contracts
- Over thirty grants have been funded for a total of $1,400,000 since 2001
- Washington State Commission on Pesticide Registration funding for operation of the Pesticide Notification Network continued for nine years and a total of $445,000
- The Western IPM Center funded five distinct projects over a period of 10 years for a total of $955,149
- Contract support for the Pesticide Information Center OnLine databases has continued for 12 years and a total of $335,000