The Department of Entomology has various resources to assist homeowners and professionals to identify and understand the nature of insects, and to find safe, effective, economical, and sustainable solutions to their pest problems.
We think you might find this index of bugs helpful!
The Art of Queen Bee Rearing and Beekeeping Short Course Workshops coming annually in June!
This museum houses just over 1.25 million specimens of insects and related arthropods.
- Education with an emphasis on personal safety, environmental protection, and effective integrated pest management.
- Pre-license training is for persons interested in preparing for WSDA pesticide license exams.
- Pesticide recertification training is available for those interested in science-based information on integrated pest management, pesticide regulations, personal safety when using pesticides, and environmental protection.
- A WSU IPM Certification Program and hands-on IPM workshops are available in western Washington.
- There are also specialty education courses in western Washington for Structural Pest Inspectors, Pest Management Professionals and School IPM.
- For home gardens and homes, visit Hortsense and Pestsense fact sheets for managing plant problems with IPM or Integrated Pest Management; cultural controls and Washington-registered pesticides are included.
WSU Extension – Washington State Pest Management Resource Service
Connecting the people of Washington State with research-based information on pest management choices for home and commercial use.
Featured Image Above by Megan Asche
Research & Extension Centers
WSU has many Extension Centers where you can find information and support.