- Congratulations to Elias Bloom won an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship. For more info go to: https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/grfp/Login.do
- Congratulations to Mu Qiao who passed her final exam on April 7th. She is advised by John Stark.
- Congratulations to Amber Vinchesi who passed her PhD final exam Friday, April 11. She is advised by Doug Walsh.
- Congratulations to our Linnaean games team who one 2nd place at the Pacific Branch ESA meeting earlier this week in Tucson, AZ.
The UCORE Award Selection Committee announced that Rich Zack was been selected to receive a 2014 Richard G. Law Excellence Award for Undergraduate Teaching. He will be formally presented with his award at the Office of Undergraduate Awards Ceremony this coming Tuesday, April 15. The selection committee said that they were very impressed by his work, and that they are delighted to honor it! We offer our congratulations to Rich for receiving this honor. For more info about this award go to: http://gened.wsu.edu/newsevents/headlines/DickLawAward/
- Amelia Jordan will be taking her MS final exam on Monday April 14 at 9:00 AM. The WMS/WECN dial number is 5702940. She is advised by Doug Walsh.
- Brandon Hopkins will be taking his final PhD exam on Friday, April 18th at 12:00 PM. The AMS/WECN dial number is 5701380. He is advised by Steve Sheppard.
Our Spring Celebration Potluck BBQ is set for May 2, 2014 at 12:00 noon. We will be providing, burgers, hot dogs & drinks. Please consider bringing a salad, desert, or items to put on the hamburgers/hot dogs (i.e. lettuce, tomatoes, onions).
A reminder: If you are responsible forstudent employees who will be leaving and not returning for the fall semester you are responsible for getting keys from them, and returning them to the office, when they leave your employment. Not getting keys returned to the office is a safety/security issue as well as a monetary issue as we have to pay for new keys to be made.
This is Mom’s weekend on the Pullman campus. For more info go to: http://momsweekend.wsu.edu/calendar/public/index.castle
- Assistant/Associate Faculty, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Texas A&M AgriLife Research, Beaumont, TX
- Research Technologist, Penn State, Univ. Park, PA
- Research Associate, NC State Entomology Dept., Mills River, NC
Events – Save the Dates:
The next faculty meeting will be on May 2, 2914 at 10:00 AM. WECN/AMS dial in number is: 5701377.
Unless noted otherwise the 2014 Entomology Colloquium presentations are on Wednesdays in FSHN 354 at 12:10-1:00 PM. The WECN dial # for each presentation is: 5702026.
The last day to schedule a final exam for May 2014 graduation is Friday, April 11, 2014 and must be submitted 10 day prior to the exam date. The last day to take a final exam for May ’14 graduation is Friday, April 25, 2014. Check with the Entomology Office to make sure rooms are available for the dates you want for your exam.
Finals week is May 5-9.
Commencement is Saturday May 10th in Beasley Coliseum at 8:00 AM.
Students scheduled for spring 2014 exams are:
PhD Preliminary Exams are:
- Adam Strong May 16, 2-5 PM* 5701318
- Megan Taylor, May 9, 8:30 -11:00
- Katharine Buckley, May 5, 12:00-3:30 PM
Final Exams are:
- Brandon Hopkins, PhD, April 18, 12:00 – 4:00 PM 5701380
- Amelia Jordan, MS, April 14, 9:00 – 11:00 AM 5702940