Congratulations to Samantha Whiteside who successfully passed her MS final exam.
Our last seminar for spring 2015 will be Wednesday, April 29. Our speaker will be Patrick Old is a Pullman High School senior and a WSU Running Start student. His talk is titled “Guatemalan Insects and Culture” He has taken a number of WSU Entomology courses including did a Special Topics course this semester and accompanied Rich Zack on a trip to Guatemala. He will tell us about his experiences. The AMS dial # is: 5706538
A reminder to those of you who supervise student employees that it is your responsibility to get any keys your student workers were given before they leave for the summer and make sure they are promptly returned to the office.
You are invited to join us in celebrating the completion of another successful year and we’re having a BBQ from 11:30-1:30 next Friday, May 1, 2015 in the area between the FSHN & Clark Hall Bldgs. This is a jointly sponsored event with the Animal Science, Entomology Departments and School of Food Science. We will provide hamburgers and sausages with all the fixins’, beverages and table service. If you will be attending please sign up on the sheet in FSHN 166 or email email@example.com or respond the invitation Adam sent out. So we can know how many to plan for we need you to sign up by Friday, April 24, 2015 today. Please bring a food item to share. For suggestions see the sign-up sheet. For those attending and not bringing a food item for the potluck $5.00 fee is requested.
Teaching Faculty: Please encourage students in your classes to submit their course evaluations by May 8 in zzusis. See the attached flyer.
Deadline to Submit Final Grades via zzusis Tuesday May 12, 2015 by 5pm
- Final Grade Rosters: Final grade rosters are available now – and they will be updated on the evening of Saturday, May 2nd, based on enrollment changes that have happened in the last two weeks (to include students who have been added to class sections). Please add any student by this date so that the final grade roster is up to date.
- Navigation to Final Grade Roster: Faculty should go to Faculty Center, and then choose the My Schedule tab. This will present every course for grading. TAs or others will need to find the Faculty Center by going to Main Menu > Self Service > Faculty Center > My Schedule.
I am an instructor, TA, or other who is authorized who needs to submit final grades. What do I need?
- Current FERPA ((Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) certification. Those whose certification is expired won’t be able to submit grades. For information, please see www.ronet.wsu.edu and click on FERPA Training.
- Access for Submitting Final Grades: Final grade rosters are available to any instructor assigned to the class with grading access. Others who are authorized to submit final grades for their departments must be added as an instructor in the Instructor / Advisor Table in zzusis, with an effective date prior to the beginning of the term, and assigned to the course in ROOMS, with 0% teaching assignment.
- What to do if you have problems: Email the ROTech Area at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call ROTech, 335-3819.
Dan Groenendale the Field Research Director for the WSU IR-4 Field Research Center in Doug Walsh’s research program was awarded the IR-4 Outstanding Technical Service Award in Portland, OR on April 21. Each year Dan completes an average of 18 Magnitude of Pesticide Residue trials under rigorous standards compliant with GLP (good laboratory practices) standards. Of note were the complicated studies Dan has recently completed on oysters in Willapa Bay and wasabi in a greenhouse in Prosser. Dan is also responsible for about 20 acres of hops at WSU IAREC and he provides substantial assistance to the graduate students in Doug Walsh’s research program. Congratulations Dan!
Students intending to do their final exams during the summer should be aware of these important deadlines:
Application for degree must be submitted by May 29, 2015.
Final Exam Scheduling form must be submitted by July 17, 2015
The last day to conduct final exams is July 31, 2015
There will be a shutdown of the steam supply in our building on the afternoon of May 18 & 19 (all day). This event will affect the building heat, domestic hot water, humidifiers, autoclaves and cage washers. They will be removing & re-insulating the steam distribution pipe in the tunnel. If this is a problem for you contact Mike Lavielle 509-335-9071 email@example.com or Rodger Small 5-1118 firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMPLOYMENT: See attachment for details on these positions.
- Research Associate, Plant Science Dept., South Dakota State Univ, Brookings SD
- Research Specialist, Entomology/Plant Pathology Dept., Jackson, TN
- Sr. Research Associate-USDA-APHIS-NSHS, Dupont, Johnston, Iowa
- Professor & Dept. Head, Entomology Dept., Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
- Visiting Res. Scientist, Dept of Entomology, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
IMPORTANT DATES TO KNOW:
Course evaluations are due no later than May 8 in zzusis.
Deadline to Submit Final Grades via zzusis Tuesday May 12, 2015 by 5 PM. See above for instructions.
New Graduate Students: Registration for Graduate School Orientation (for August 18) is now open. Please go to this website to register: http://gradschool.wsu.edu/1681-2/.
Skylight survey users should download their data by Feb 28 (Deadline extended) March – May 31, 2015
- Access to your Skylight surveys will be by request only. Email email@example.com initiate request.
- Allow five to seven business days to process your request.
- June 2015: Skylight decommissioned. No archive will be available.
- Surveys in 2015: WSU has a license in place for faculty and staff to use Qualtricsfor surveys. See surveys.wsu.edu for more information.