EGSA Meeting Minutes – October 28th, 2014
Thank you for everyone involved in the following events!
- Insect Cinema Cult Classic – Great turnout!
- Palouse Clearwater Environmental Institute – Went well!
- Bug Appétit – Dr. Lavine thanks all the volunteers!
Honey Sales – November 12th, 2014 in Lighty. 9am-Noon or until we run out.
Send feedback on digital fliers to Alix
Entomological Society of America – Merch Committee
- They will be ordering koozies by November 4th. Winners: Bug Light, Mad Hops, and Gnatty Ice. Courtney will be hosting a wood impression party soon. Keep an eye out for her email about it.
- BUGGS will be meeting soon to talk about choice speakers for the Fall 2015. Start thinking about some potential speakers.
- We have 124 pints of beer donated by Dr. Laura Lavine! Eli is contacting Paradise Creek to potentially have a get together there. Will send updates soon. Projected date is this Thursday, Oct. 30th.
Graduate students are getting a 4% raise starting in January. Are you interested in our Health Insurance? You can join the Health Insurance Task Force and have your voice be heard. Please fill out graduate student surveys sent to you, these are issues that affect your grad life.
Faculty Meeting Updates:
- The department is paying for our carpool to ESA.
- ENTOM 102 is now a 4 credit lab and will have 4 TA’s.
- Travel Awards will be announced tomorrow!
Next Meeting Dates:
- EGSA Meetings for the rest of the semester are as follows: November 4th December 2nd
- We will not meet November 11th (Veteran’s Day) 18th, or 25th