August 18, 2017
Seminars & Colloquium
Please save the date for this fall’ s Entomology Colloquium presentations to be held on Mondays at 2:10 PM. Attached is the preliminary schedule of this semester’s speakers. More details to come. Dave Crowder is this semester’s organizer.
The Entomology Dept/School of Food Science Back to School BBQ will be on Friday, August 25th, at Sunnyside Park. The department is providing pulled pork and chicken and a vegetarian selection along with condiments and drinks. Please plan to bring a salad, dessert, fruit or veggie try. The sign-up sheet are in the Entomology and Food Science offices. We will need to have a firm count by Monday, August 21. If you have any yard games please feel free to bring it. The park has a playground, disc golf, tennis courts, a small baseball field and a horse shoe pit. So there will be plenty to do there.
Retirement celebration for Mary Kate Alexander: Please join us for a reception in Mary Kate Alexander’s honor Thursday, August 24, from noon – 2 p.m. in Hulbert 409. Mary Kate is retiring after 38 years of service to WSU. We look forward to celebrating her career as she moves on to the next chapter of her life which involves a lot of grandkid time. Come by to enjoy some cake and wish her well.
- Extension Educator Hort-Veg/Fruit Production, University of Minnesota, Indiana
- Associate Manager, Entomology-Urban Entomologist, S.C. Johnson Company, Racine, WI
- Research Assistant, Univ. of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI
- Post Doctoral Fellow 2017-2018, Auburn University, Auburn, AL
- Plant Abiotic Stress Biochemist, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Curatorial Assistant, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA