November 10, 2017
Seminars & Colloquium
The November 13, 2017 Entomology Colloquium speaker will be Dr. Shirley Luckhart. Dr. Lukhart is a professor and Co-Director of the Center for the Human Ecosystem at the University of Idaho. Her presentation is titled “An ancient stress hormone in malaria: cross-kingdom signaling in mosquitoes and mammals.” For more information about Dr. Luckhart go to: https://www.uidaho.edu/cals/entomology-plant-pathology-and-nematology/our-people/shirley-luckhart and http://biosci3.ucdavis.edu/Faculty/Profile/View/14251 .
All colloquium presentations are held in FSHN 354, (the Entomology Department classroom) and begin at 2:10 PM. The AMS dial in number is 771155.
Entomology Strategic Planning Workshop – Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8am – 4pm in FSHN 164 and by AMS for Entomology Faculty. The AMS dial # for this meeting is 771612.
Four finalists for the CAHNRS Dean position have been identified. The first finalist will visit Pullman be on November 27 & 28. See that attachment for all of the candidate’s detailed schedules.
Tukey Orchard is having another already picked fruit sale this Friday Nov 10 (12-6 PM) and Saturday Nov 11 ( 10 AM-4 PM). Eventhough it is a university holiday they will be having their sales. They have many kinds of apples (normal and unusual varieties), pears and plumbs ($1-1.35 / pound). They also have wood chips for barbequing. Only cash or check are accepted in payment. For more info go to: http://horticulture.wsu.edu/orchard/.
WSU University offices will be closed on Friday, Nov. 10 in honor of Veteran’s Day
- Assistant Professor-Citrus IPM, Univ. of Florida, Lake Alfred, FL
- Assistant Professor-Mosquito Ecologist, Univ of Florida, Indian River, FL
- Assistant Specialist, Cooperative Specialist-Ag. Entomologist, UC-Davis
- Entomologist, Smithsonian Institution, US Federal Gov., Washington, DC
- Agricultural Inspector, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Boston, MA
- Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor, Univ of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- Postdoc Res. Associate, Entomology & Plant Path, Univ. Of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- Faculty Research Assistant/Associate, Oregon St. Univ., Corvallis, OR
- Quarantine Lab Assistant, UC –Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
Meetings- Regional, National, International
- Pacific Branch ESA meeting in Reno, NV, June 10-13, 2018.
- Entomological Society of America Annual Meeting in Vancouver, BC, Nov 11-15, 2018