March 27, 2017
Congratulations to Adekunle (Kunle) Adesanya who passed his PhD Preliminary Exam.
The Insect Expo is this Saturday, April 1 in the CUE Atrium from 10:00 AM-2:00 PM. Tell your friends.
Save the date, for the Entomology & Food Science End of Year BBQ Celebration on Friday April 21, 2017
- Beverly Gerdeman who received Washington Red Raspberry Commission grants in the amount of $3,983 from the Washington Red Raspberry Commission for the Survey for Egg Parasitoids of Brown Marmorated Stink Bug, Halyomorpha Halys and for WSU NWREC Raspberry Field Plot for Invasive Pests and Foliar/Fruit Disease Mgt Trials in the amount of $5,000
The Administrative Professional Advisory Council (APAC) is sponsoring the Leading Effective Teams workshop set for Wednesday, April 19th at 8:30 AM-10:30 AM in the CUB Jr. Ballroom. It will be led by Kevin Parker (former WA St. Representative and adjunct faculty with Whitworth and Gonzaga Univ. MBA programs. To register for this free seminar please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 12. This event is open to all WSU staff and faculty. For WSU staff outside of Pullman, APAC will provide a partial travel award for staff who would like to participate in person. Travel awards will be given to the first 20 people who apply and capped at $100 per person. You must send your RSVP and indicate your desire for the travel award by April 7.
2017 Earth Week Fair: Please come and join us, on April 21, 2017 at 11:00 AM-2:00 PM, on the Terrell Mall, in educating the public at Washington State University about environmental awareness and stewardship by tabling during our annual Earth Week Fair. This event is hosted by the ASWSU Environmental Sustainability Alliance. We would like to bring together different groups of people that are working on similar causes and make a statement about how many conscious individuals and groups truly care about the environment, and the differences we can all make together. If your organization is interested in joining us for this event, please follow this link to register: goo.gl/Ur3hPn. The deadline to sign up is noon on April 14th. For more information contact Katherine Fee at Katherine.email@example.com OR (425) 750 – 3759.
- Lepidoptera Identification Center Biologist (Pest Biologist 2), WA St Dept of Ag, Olympia, WA
- Research Asst., Texas A&M, College Station, TX
- Fellow (Postdoc), Kansas St. Univ., Manhattan, KS
- Research Associate, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Assistant Scientist, Dept Ecology, Evolution & Organismal Biology, Iowa St. University, Ames, IA
- Entomology Field Resch Coordinator, Univ. of Nebraska, Mead, NE
- State Entomologist, St. of Vermont, Berlin, VT
- Vector-Borne Infectious Disease Asst., Assoc., or Full Professor, St. Paul, MN
- Asst. Project Scientist – Insect Endrocinology Research, Dept of Entomology, UC-Riverside