Plan to attend the National Lentil Festival on August 18 & 19 in downtown Pullman. Some of the Events included are:
- Beer and Wine Garden
- Cooking Demo Stage
- International Year of Pulses
- Legendary Lentil Cook-off
- Legendary Lentil Cook-off Celebrity Judges
- Lentil Lane Food Court
- Lentil Pancake Breakfast
- Vendor Marketplace
- World’s Largest Bowl of Lentil Chili
- A special area just for kids
For more info go to: http://www.lentilfest.com/ and click on activities
Temporary road closures:
August 12 – Cougar Way will be closed from D Street to Stadium Way and Stadium Way will be closed from Cougar Way to Ferdinand’s Lane. Parking lots in these areas are also impacted.
Lincoln Way will temporarily be closed for the replacement of steam line. August 14-18 Heavy Equipment will be excavating and need to close the road, there will be access to all parking lots from Grimes Way. Thank you for your patience through this project. If you should have any questions, please call Eric Slocum at 335-9088.
August 16 – Cougar Way will be closed from D Street to Stadium Way. Parking lots in these areas are also impacted.
All Campus Picnic Volunteers:
WSU Dining Services is seeking volunteers to help serve at this years’ All Campus Picnic. The picnic is set for August 18 on Cougar Way. Without our volunteers we would not be able to serve over 4900 guests in a couple of hours. Please let Cindy Carlson know if you would be interested in volunteering for any time between 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. You can contact Cindy at 335-3506 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Graduate Students
Prestigious Fellowships Workshops
Applying for external fellowships and grants is an excellent way to fund your graduate education, and is also a professional development experience for many students who will be seeking academic career placement where grant funding is a necessity. The Graduate School offers training to help students apply for a number of these prestigious fellowships. Read more about the fellowships and register for the workshops:
- Workshop I: August 24, 2017 Workshop II: September 13, 2017
- Ag Program Specialist State Survey, Nebraska St. Government, Lincoln, NE
- Supv. CBP Ag Specialist (1st Line), Customs and Border Protection, various locations in the US
- National Program Leader for Plant Pathology, USDA-NIFA, Washington, DC
- Plant Pathologist/Entomologist, USDA Dept. of Agriculture, Sacramento, CA
- Assistant Professor, North Carolina State Univ., Raleigh, NC
- Postdoc, North Dakota St. Univ, Fargo, ND