September 8, 2017
Plan to attend the CAHNRS Fall Festival on Thursday Sept. 14, from 4-6:00 PM at the Spillman Plaza between Johnson Hall and Hullbert Hall. There will be free food, games and other fun things to do. There will also be an opportunity to win a CAHNRS scholarship. This free event is sponsored by the Center for Transformational Learning and Leadership. See the attached flyer for more info.
The Administrative Professional Advisory Council is sponsoring Staff Appreciation Week the week of Sept. 11-15, 2017. There will be workshops by:
- Lynn Valenter, WSU Vice Chancellor for Finance and Operations, “Running Effective Meetings” 10:30-noon, CUB 201
- Human Resource Services for a Q&A session 11-1PM Lighty 401
- Devon Grant Postdoctoral Research Associate, “Sleep, It Matters” 12:10-12:50, Terrell 42
- Tom Tripp, Professor of Management, “4 Myths of office Conflict,” 12:10-12:50 in Terrell 24
- Noel Schulz, “Mapping Your Own Professional Development” Noon-1:00 PM FSHN T101
Staff can get a 20% discount off at the Bookie, Ice Cream Social on Tuesday, Sept 12, from 11:00 AM-1:00 PM, Lighty 401 Hallway, and discounts are area businesses.
- Post-Doctoral Researcher, Wichita St. Univ., Wichita, KS
- Assistant Specialist, Univ of Riverside, Riverside, CA
- Extension Vegetable Specialist, Dept of Ag, Health & Nat Res, Univ of Connecticut
- Assist Professor/Insect Vector Biologist/Insect Physiologist, Univ of Wisconsin, Madison, WI