Areas of Research Activity
Insect population dynamics, orchard IPM, development and implementation of decision support systems, insect behavior, biological control, effect of introduced pests on ecosystems, mechanisms of mating disruption.
- Ph.D. – University of California at Riverside, Entomology (1983)
- M.S. – University of California at Riverside, Entomology (1982)
- B.S. – San Diego State Univ., Biology, w/honors (1978)
Professional Society Memberships
- Entomology Society of America
- Gamma Sigma Delta
- Sigma Xi
Honors & Awards
- W. Woodworth Award 2013. (Achievement in Entomology in the Pacific Branch over the past 10 or more years). Pacific Branch of Entomological Society of America
- Team Interdisciplinary Award 2013 (Team leader and member) Washington State University, College of Agriculture, Human and Natural Resource Sciences.
- Integrated Pest Management Team Award 2005 (member), Pacific Branch of Entomological Society of America.
- Recognition Award for Excellence in Integrated Pest Management 2004, Entomological Society of America (national award)
- Excellence in Integrated Pest Management 2004, Pacific Branch of the Entomological Society of America
- Distinguished Achievement Award in Integrated Pest Management 1995, Pacific Branch of Entomological Society of America
- Alumni Award of Merit 1993, Gamma Sigma Delta, Univ. California Riverside Chapter
- Outstanding Teacher 1991, Gamma Sigma Delta, Univ. Hawaii Chapter